Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Southern Metalcraft, Inc is currently seeking a professional, self-directed, and enthusiastic candidate
for Shipping and Receiving Coordinator. This position is responsible for shipping and receiving,
which includes daily delivery schedules, unloading and incoming materials and inspection, product
identification, warehouse organization and management, preparing and loading for shipment, and
completion of all associated paperwork.
The ideal candidate would have experience in a make to order/customer design fabrication
environment with good organizational skills.
This position requires careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are needed.
The work is highly precise in nature and requires very strong attention to detail. It is vital for the
work output to be very high quality, with correct results, time and time again. Checking and double-
checking are often necessary; individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious.
Both the content and the presentation are important. There is little ambiguity in this job, it is very
clear what needs to be done, and what the expected results are. This clarity will come either from the
company's management or from established professional disciplines and processes. The established
procedures and processes must be followed closely; there is little room or necessity to modify them.
Much of the work can be accomplished by working at a steady, even pace. There is much
consistency and familiarity from one day to the next. It is generally feasible to plan large blocks of
work ahead of time. Interacting with customers requires a professional, formal manner where the
focus is on completing the task pleasantly and correctly.
- Steady, even pace of activity
- Large degree of predictability from one day to the next
- Job activities are consistent, or even repetitious in nature, and results are repeatable
- Well-defined processes and procedures exist to perform activities
- Helpful,”service” orientation
- Strong focus on repeatable, very high-quality results
- Cautious, by the book, decision-making is required
- Communication is factual, polite, and professional in nature
- Need to speak with great specificity and knowledgeable detail about areas of responsibility;
not required to speak at length about other topics
- Little collaboration is necessary to complete work; expertise comes from training,
knowledge, and experience
- Authority and responsibility are shared with others, such as in a team environment where
people have worked together for long periods of time
- Little delegation of details is required. When it does happen, this position requires strong
follow-up to ensure that work quality and attention to detail remains very high
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unload and put-a-way incoming stock and update inventory system.
- Receive incoming finished goods from outside processing.
- Works with plant management and quality teams each week to improve OTD and quality
performance of suppliers and shipments.
- Ensure appropriate packaging materials and supplies are on-hand.
- Keep shipping and receiving area clean and organized.
- Supports meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy,
and resource implications.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required and participate as & when necessary in
companywide initiatives & projects.
- Undertake additional training to develop skills as the company requires.
- Perform work in accordance with organizational policies and practices
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements
including OSHA, EPA, State, and Federal Regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Conducts duties with the highest level of ethics and trustworthiness.
- Moderate level of computer literacy, with specific proficiency in the use of screen entry, and
barcode data collection equipment.
- Problem solver with good analytical skills.
- Organizing and planning skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Previous inventory management experience a plus.
Plant environment with the requirement to be on the plant floor for the majority of the workday.
You occasionally may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, some exposure to non-
hazardous fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate.
Financial compensation will be commensurate with applicable experience. Southern Metalcraft, Inc.
provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance choices,
and the ability to participate in a 401k-retirement plan.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
The successful applicant must show proof of citizenship or provide documentation indicating they
are legally eligible to work in the United States. The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an
expressed or implied contract and may be modified or revoked without notice.
Southern Metalcraft, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
** Location note – Company currently located in Lithonia, GA but will be relocating our entire
operation to Social Circle, GA in 2022 (approximately 45 miles East of Atlanta, GA).